Saturday, November 7, 2009

Corset Headband *Free Pattern* Crochet

Crochet Corset Headband *Free Pattern*
By: ©StuffingFairy

Please don't sell my pattern or the headbands you make, this is for your own personal use only.



*Abbreviations*
Ch: Chain
Sc: Single crochet
Hdc: Half double crochet
Ss: Slip stitch
Sk: Skip
F/O: Fasten off

I love corsets! So it was only natural that I’d come up with yet another way to wear them. =] This one is super easy!

Hook: J/10-6.00mm
Yarn: WM Red Heart Super Saver 0656 Real Teal & Caron Eco 0034 Black

Note: Make them smaller or larger according to what you think is best and measure it around your head! Everyone’s head is different.

Real Teal

Measure your head and ch the width around your head. I didn’t and I paid for it later. =] I should have ch something like 65.

Turn

Row 2: Hdc in each ch across. Ch 1. Turn.
Row 3: Repeat. Ch 1. Turn.
Row 4: Repeat. Ch 1. Turn
Row 5: Repeat. Ch 1. Turn
Row 6: Hdc in 1st ch. Ch 2. Sk 2. Dc in 3rd ch ahead. Repeat until the end of the row.
Row 7: Repeat.
Row 8: Hdc in each ch across. Ch 1. Turn.
Row 9: Repeat. F/O.

Black

Note: The black yarn was really soft and semi difficult to work with, but it turned out really pretty and shiny. So if you choose not to use this type of yarn, it’s ok. It will still look really good. I promise.

Row 10: Sc along top row only. F/O.

This is the tricky part. You can either just ss and join both sides together and create a full headband, or you can create a corset headband. If you choose to create a corset, continue below!

Get your yarn ready. Ss in 1st ch. Ch 15. Weave into 4th ch down on opposite side. Weave it into 8th ch down on opposite side. Finish off by weaving into last chain on opposite side and F/O. Mirror this. You should have 3 X’s.

NOTE: I stupidly chose to fasten off after every single 5 ch piece I did. Don’t do what I did! Just ch 15 and weave them in, in the form of a corset as I described above.

Weave in the ends.

Try it on! You know you love it. <3

Now take some pictures and show me what you did! I want to see. =]



©StuffingFairy

3 comments:

  1. I really like this one! Thanks so much for sharing your pattern with any and all!

    *gonna go make some of these as stocking stuffers for adult daughters (and maybe one for myself!!)*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont suppose you are around and can help to explain a few things to me !?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! Yeah I can totally explain things. =]

    ReplyDelete